1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. It's a demand -- for the publicly available data.

They're asking for the same data you could ask for demand, and would receive.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Just topping off at the phone charger. Leaving for kayaking in five minutes. :)

3. YankeeFan

Say hi to @Inky_Wretch!

Inky_Wretch and dixiehack like this.
  4. YankeeFan

This story doesn't advance a leftist narrative, so it will fade quickly from the news cycle.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Send a public records request to the Vermont SoS asking for a voter's SS# and birthdate and see what comes back.

6. Songbird

What's a little sexual harassment got to do with anything, right?

7. YankeeFan

You'd get back the same data the commission will get.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

[​IMG]

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How dare people say things you don't like!

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's disgusting to use a workplace shooting, at a hospital, as a political point. This post really sucks.

12. YankeeFan

She said this: "My office has received a request from President Trump’s Election Integrity Commission to provide voter information – including dates of birth, social security numbers, and other personally identifying information. "

The letter said this: I am requesting that you provide to the Commission the publicly- available voter roll data for Vermont, including, if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding voter registration in another state, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information.

It's not that I "didn't like" what she said, it's that what she said wasn't accurate.

This kind of thing is right up your ally, and I thought you would be intellectually honest about it. Sadly, I was wrong. The laundry of the participants obviously matters more to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.