1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Think he would have just let it fucking drop?

Nah. Here we go again.

For some reason Fucko wants this to go on and on and on.

Hmmmm

2. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Putting aside for a moment the casual misogyny and the fact that our President can be baited by the hosts of a cable show that he professes not to watch, but to me*, the most insulting part of this whole sordid affair is that Trump is calling Mika, a graduate of Williams College, "dumb as a rock" and "low I.Q." Mika went to Williams in an era that to get into a school like that, you actually had to be pretty smart, whereas Trump went to Wharton (for two years, after transferring from Fordham) when getting into an Ivy or Little Ivy was at least as much about who your daddy was. Trump repeatedly calling Mika "dumb" is absurd on its face.

*Full disclosure: Mika was two years ahead of me at Williams, and an attack on one Eph is an attack on all Ephs. Though I just learned from Wikipedia that she was also a transfer, from Georgetown.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Be Careful.:)

Cosmo likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Time to abolish the Senate, right @RickStain?

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

But isn't there someone at the polls who checks people in and matches their name against the list and crosses off that name once the person votes? It is what happens in Connecticut and I hope everywhere. If not it should be and would seem to me to be the solution to any voter fraud. Fraud believers make it sound like it is so easy to commit the act but I would think it takes 2 parties, the voter and the grandma working at the polls to commit this crime. Of course there are always errors or the possibility of some one messing with the machines, but that is on the poll workers, not the voters. If any one is voting more than once on purpose--and I don't believe there are people who know they are on more than one list due to perhaps a recent move to another town voting in both places or voting twice using a dead persons name--then I would be shocked. And no f'ing way there are 3 million of them.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Today in what our president doesn't know: Space

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Exactly. Voting in two towns or for a dead person is not going to produce the kinds of numbers which make a difference in elections. If you want to do that, the most obvious place to look is absentee ballots or ballot stuffing.

That or wholesale voter disenfranchisement, but that only works well if you can figure out which voters are unlikely to vote for your guys, say by getting hold of the voter rolls or knowing the voter's race.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Starman

He must have just watched Space Ghost.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"It all started when President WhatTheFuck poop-tweeted another gem ... "

10. Starman

And just in time for the next election, some of those people might just "go away."

Be Careful.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yes, the famous "We think they're guilty, so let's lock them up" defense. Worked great when it was called the Muslim ban, didn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.