1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Me and Tom Hanks are going to save the typewriter industry thanks to this new supply and demand model.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I knew this thread was back open because I checked in and saw I had 20 some odd unread posts. I ordered lunch and returned 5 minutes later to see I had more than 100 unread posts. Thanks for not disappointing guys!

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I would post the Underpants Gnomes' chart to profit, but some how it doesn't feel as funny with Rick Perry. Sort of like laughing at the kid eating paste in kindergarten: You instantly feel bad for doing so.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see what Best Person breaks the comic irony scale by landing this gig.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How did they treat the people mock assassinating the president?

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Grandstander. Comeyite.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I doubt trump got the subtlety

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

By the way, a few journalists could take lessons from that D.G.Davies guy on how to show humility and properly apologize for an ill-fated show of ignorance on Twitter.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I listened to the visuals. :cool:

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't know that CNN really needed to track down the meme guy. I'm certainly glad they did not publish his name. Not a public figure.

Of course, none of this happens if the president wasn't such a petulant child. I mean really? This is how he treats the office? He's ignorant, focused on revenge and totally unfit. But everyone, including most of his supporters, know this.

Trump has been inciting violence against reporters from the start of this whole thing. It's only a matter of time before one of his cult members actually hurts or kills one because, you know, Trump said reporters are enemies of the people.

What happens then?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It was his most re-tweeted tweet ever!

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

People keep saying this -- Katy Tur had to be walked to her car once!

But what we keep seeing is violence committed by the left, and against perceived right wing targets.

Folks cheered -- and cited a Nazi exception to their anti-violence beliefs -- when Richard Spencer got sucker punched.

Right wingers were prevented from speaking on campuses by violent protestors.

And Republican office holders were targeted by a Bernie Bros., and an NYPD cop was executed.

So, maybe let's stop blaming Trump for fomenting theoretical violence, and let's talk about the inspiration for the real violence.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.