1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't even know where to start with this one.

Maine's LePage suggests he makes up stories to mislead press

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm sure online journalism will follow it right over the cliff

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The news stories in question were based on LePage’s comments to two Republican senators, The Associated Press reported. But his office described the report as “fake news.”

This is where we are: the governor of a state tells two senators he's going to Florida during the shutdown, lying so that when it gets reported, they can claim it's not true. What a fucking disgrace.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He really can't open his mouth without sounding like a complete moronic jerk.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I believe that, but there is one good thing about all the focus on Trump's tweets, lack of hotel room, runway wandering, etc: The Mueller investigation is ongoing and not being interfered with (too much).

I'm sure that will change. But for now, Mueller and his team getting work done without a spotlight is likely beneficial to the investigation.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I know I shouldn't expect intellectual consistency from you, but, maybe you could rty to square this for me.

We have folks on the left practically hoping for some episode of right on left violence, because it's already been pre-determined that Trump's rhetoric will be to blame for it.

Yet, where we have instances of both left wing rhetoric, inciting violence, and left wing violence, it is considered distasteful to tie the two together.

How does that work?

10. YankeeFan

11. YankeeFan

I'm glad you've rationalized the execution of random cops.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Those guys were totally "Blue Lives Matter" until they stumbled across a Samantha Bee video on YouTube! The rhetoric made them do it! #partyofpersonalresponsibility

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.