1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Anyone else have the feeling this story might be another nothing burger, along the lines of this one?

Don't Read Too Much Into the Vermont Hack Debacle

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

Hey man, laugh all you want.

But, I assume you're also laughing at any suggestion that Trump's rhetoric might drive someone to carry out violence too, right?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, you are blaming the murder of a police officer on "the left" with no valid evidence simply because you need to demonize everyone who disagrees with you politically. I am consistent. I never lump all people who disagree with me politically together that way and I certainly wouldn't try to pin a murder on them.

You can't properly support the claim that the murder of the police officer is "left-wing violence." You are just tossing it out there as fact with nothing close to acceptable evidence. It is yet another example of your refusal to hold yourself to the standards of evidence you expect of others and in this case, it is particularly disgusting.

5. YankeeFan

Pretty detailed story.

We've got Think Progress citing Haaretz, citing a statement from Jewish leaders in Poland, that offers no specificity:

According to the statement’s authors, “ever since the fall of Communism in 1989, all U.S. presidents and vice presidents visiting Warsaw had made a point of visiting” that site, representing Americans “who had played such a central role in bringing down Fascism,” at a “universal commemoration of the victims of the Shoah, and condemnation of its perpetrators.”

Great reporting guys.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Misogynist defending a misogynist. Not a surprise.

7. YankeeFan

LOL.

You're not good at this.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Dude, you hang out on a board of sports journalists, which is like a self proclaimed feminist supporting Donald Trump...

Oh wait; that is is you. You are a know nothing hypocrite who is too dumb to realize it.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Using Rick Perry's economic theory, they should just print more papers to drive up demand and profit.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's my problem with the way that was written. It's clearly a threat, and frankly not much better than something the President would have tweeted. (It's amazing that sentence is a pejorative, but well ... )

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

A board full of nothing but sports journalists would suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.