1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've felt like LaVar has been selling sizzle and no steak since March.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You all should be working for fox sports with these hot takes. It's one bloody summer league game.

YankeeFan and sgreenwell like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's not like people on the board had to dig into some community access cable channel to learn of this meaningless summer league game. Ball family attracts more media coverage than a Padres home-stand. Talk shit, double down on the outrageous and the media will follow through the gates of hell.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

1 game. A bunch of summer league experts here.

Also, you should never comment on anything basketball related, you shown your ass more times then 93devil.

For the record, I have no idea if he's going to be good, but neither do any of you.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    YankeeFan likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

My comment wasnt an analysis of his play but of the hype he's generated and why a summer league generated the coverage it did.
    I dont know what kind of player he is but his representatives have said he's going to be rookie of the year and lead the Lakers into the playoffs. I think those comments, issued before a single professional game, are the bench mark that should be used to gauge his play. Those are not some random comments by fanboys or talk shops hypists but the declarations of agents of the player.

You can try and have it both ways, the player is relatively modest and subdued while the father proclaims his progeny have been sired by the gods. ITs a package deal. Fortunately its only sports, and the Balls are putting the E in ESPN

As long as the Ballers are going to try and make the NBA into the WWE, the fans should get on the bandwagon

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The video is in!

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My friend's adult son is in Vegas and paid $150 for a ticket to summer probably today.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

$150 for summer league? Hope it's an all-session pass.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And lets be real, the Lakers needed a player with hype about as much as they needed one with skills. It's one of those franchises that needs to be talked about to feel relevant. Good talk, bad talk - it doesn't matter.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's just as ridiculous as judging a player on one summer league game.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Watched my share of Lonzo last year. Liked his game.

But he's watched a little too much Steph Curry, the way he holds that pose after he launches a 3. And he doesn't have Steph's shot.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So he's not Steph Cuury, deep.

Draft saved Draft deleted