1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

3. Neutral Corner

That nothing burger keeps getting more and more filling, doesn't it?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Trump IS America. Big. Bloated. Bully. Arrogant. Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney.

That fact has been hidden all this time by a magnificent Constitution and Oval Office occupants who pretty much behaved themselves in the public eye. But no more.

The term "ugly American" wasn't invented on Jan. 20, 2017.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's simple. Collusion isn't illegal as long as you except nothing of value, make no changes to your policy once elected, and the foreign government you are colluding with does nothing illegal while helping you.

But since none of those three was true, *this* collusion was illegal.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump is like some Americans. Not all Americans. C'mon.

7. Deskgrunt50

Wait a sec....I've heard from a source that this is a "nothing burger."

This is probably just the tip of Corruption Iceberg. Mueller has a lot to work with.

8. Neutral Corner

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's a miracle. You linked to the actual article.

These leaks are always funny to me. Three people with knowledge of the email, described the email to the Times.

The Times hasn't seen the email. They don't even indicate that their three sources have seen the email.

If they are all second hand sources, then the fact that there are three of them is meaningless. They could all have knowledge of the email based on the description from one original source.

And there's no quote from the email, so we have no way of knowing if the characterization is true. We don't know the motivation of the leaker(s).

It's really absurd. If the Times has such great sources, get the fucking email. To report someone with political motivations characterization of the email is just doing the political bidding of the leaker(s).

Songbird likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What he said:

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Of course not, as it's impossible to put 330 million people into one profile.

But he's about as close a personification as there is, I'd say. I'd be interested in hearing other people's choices for "who's the face of America?"

12. Deskgrunt50

I just disagree. The "ugly American" is a well-deserved title for a lot of reasons. But it's created by the loudest, most obnoxious slice of the country. I think the percentage is actually pretty small. They just get the most attention because they're assholes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.