1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nope. Not when he resurrects that misogyny crap every so often appropos of nothing. He goes to the mattresses defending trump, a confirmed misogynist. So until he apologizes to me for that crap, he's a piece of shit on my shoe.

I would hope you, of all people, can appreciate not letting certain things go.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm not falling for anything. I know exactly what is going on. I just like the religious persecution from the Obama Regime.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, Elsa.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm the king of not letting certain things go. But I don't name-call. Well, in PMs.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

We should be so lucky.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He didn't say that. Your analogy smuggles in a different scenario.

Again, you're trying to play words lawyer while only allowing exactly the amount of contextual information to get to the conclusion you want, when that isn't the right amount of context to give the most correct answer.

8. Dick Whitman

"My secretary let me fuck her last night."

9. Dick Whitman

See, I don't think that this is the standard for stating something as an established fact.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's the only possible standard

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

For someone who's getting so pissy about the meaning and nuance of words, you sure are cavalier about mischaracterizing the argument by subbing "admitted to..." for "bragged about..."

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

It's also where liberal electioneering goes very, very wrong. Like it or not, the left needs a certain number of members of that male culture to vote for its candidate. One of the left's biggest blindspots is its inability to separate its ideals from its political arguments. Rather than appealing to prospective voters on their terms, the left too often speaks and acts in a manner that suggests its world-view is self-evidentially correct, and it treats anybody who does not accept that evidence as worthy of ridicule and exclusion, even in instances where such disagreements could easily be ignored as immaterial to the left's central arguments.

I'd love to live in a world where everybody agrees that exchanges like the one between Trump and Bush have a detrimental effect on society and should not be acceptable, but that's not the world we live in. We live in a world where a majority of the population was raised in a setting where people say shit like that, and even if they agree that such things are crude, they also understand that often times they are joking. I've said stupid, disrespectful shit before, but I matured and continued to inform my world view, neither of which I would have had an opportunity to do if I'd been labelled a sexual deviant and ostracized as a criminal. Maybe my high school locker room was different than others, but, even then, there are still a lot of prospective voters who passed through it.

Point is, elections are not won in theory. They are not some thought exercise. Yet how much energy does the left expend on silly arguments like, "Donald Trump isn't just a crude, disrespectful liar who is unfit for office, he is a sexual criminal, and anybody who does not agree that he is a sexual criminal is one of the reasons such sexual criminals exist, because people like that enable people like him!" Think about how many potential points of contention you've just introduced to your main argument that, hey, a person who talks like that would be an embarrassment to the office.

A common retort from the left would be, "So now you're saying sexual assault is a silly matter? I hope you never have somebody close to you who is sexually assaulted!!"

At some point, a normal person says, "You know what? Go fuck yourself," and ignores anything further you have to say.

BTExpress and Cosmo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.