1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And, that's totally NOT using wealth or power to intimidate her into "letting" you do it.

And using wealth and power to make DEALS and get people to do your bidding irregardless of self interest totally wasn't a central theme of Trump's campaign.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Let us know when those guys run for president.

3. Starman

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The hostage is already shot. Nice try

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But he never said this.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

This is a very narrow point.

I don't think that what he said wasn't lewd. I don't think what he said wasn't crude. I don't think what he said wasn't disqualifying.

I do not think that it is an established fact that he "bragged about" or "admitted to" sexual assault. And I certainly don't think that if you are Christine Brennan or anybody else that you write that it is.

That's it.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No one is more intuitive than a journalist.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He did and it is exactly what you write

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

10. Starman

This is Fucko the king of gaslighting, inspiring endless argument over whether or not he said what he obviously and plainly said.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You must have a different interpretation of a guy with a history of intimidation tactics and womanizing describing a lewd, vulgar sex act followed by, "when you're a star, they let you do it."

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

The left lost because its candidate did not win enough electoral college votes. In order to get the current guy out of office, it will need to change that outcome the next time around. To accomplish that, it will need to convince thousands of people whom it previously failed to convince to vote for its candidate.

The left has a number of potential strategies it can employ to that end, one of which is to double down on the arguments that it used the last time around, when the result was its candidate not getting elected. When challenged on that strategy, it can fume about the wrongheadedness of the people who didn't listen to those arguments, and it can moan about what that portends for society. It can continue to mock and patronize anybody who does not score 100 percent on the Liberal World View Report Card. It can ignore any and all criticism about that strategy, about the things it might do to win more votes, consoling itself with how history will regard those who recognized the self-evidential Wrongness of the Idiot in Chief. It can whine about how unfair the whole thing is, about how insane it is that people didn't vote for its candidate when the other option was Trump.

All of that is one strategy the left can use the next time around.

But if it does, and that strategy fails, and we get four more years of Trump, whose fault is it really?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.