1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Best part of this Clay Travis thing is this ...

"He doesn’t own his seat, he doesn’t have a legal right to dispute his eviction, airlines have the right to kick people off their planes and refund their money when they decide to do so at their discretion. You agree to that when you buy the ticket. If you don’t want to give up that right you can drive or walk instead. Here is what you agree to when you purchase a ticket to fly on an airline in the United States. Of course, most people don’t actually read the fine print on their tickets. But your ignorance of the contract you’ve agreed to is no defense. "

All That and a Bag of Mail: United Airlines Blame Rankings

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have a history of womanizing, as well. Most of us do.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is the politicians syllogism. "We must do something, this is something, so we must do it."

I could just as easily argue that the left wasn't divisive enough.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Never go full Starman.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. RickStain

Never forget: Trump didn't pull new voters. He got the generic Republican total. Clinton failed to inspire the left

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Largely true. A few self inflicted wounds. Also got screwed over quite a bit by Russian meddling. It was a a perfect shit storm.

The Dems have quite a challenge. They need an inspiring candidate. Hopefully on the younger side. And one who can bring together traditional democrats and the Bernie wing.

I do not know who that is at this point.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The corporate MSM and the mainstream of the Democratic Party steered very curiously clear of several subjects about Fucko for most of the campaign.

They wanted to Be Careful not to talk about certain topics, or else they'd be accused of being "bitter" or "vengeful" or "ruthless" or "tasteless" or "classless " or "unethical" or "unscrupulous" etc etc yadda yadda. So they Didn't Go There.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about inspiring. I think on the "opposites" theory that the candidate is likely to be somewhat on the dull but unimpeachably decent side, a more liberal Carter-type, perhaps.

11. RickStain

I'd love to see a true moderate independent put the fear of god into both parties, but I doubt it'd really get anywhere. Abortion alone would end it.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The last time an attractive moderate independent ran was John Anderson in 1980. Got six percent of the vote. Perot got 19 in 1992, but he was basically Trump without the sleaze and the racism. Americans love the idea that complex social and economic problems on which they profoundly disagree have simple solutions, solutions that not incidentally don't require them to do a damn thing.
    PS: Unfair to Perot there, He did propose a 50 cent a gallon gas tax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.