1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Well, have fun calling them names and bitching about it on a message board to a bunch of people who already agree with you. That doesn't sound like fighting the good fight to me, but, then, the other options aren't so easy.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If people I'm talking to already agree with me, why do I have to worry about offending the ones who don't? You can't even keep straight what you're arguing. This, again, is all about discomfort at having to confront that people from your past may have been doing bad things. Maybe they were even *bad people*.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

But it's okay because there were more trucks to play with today

DE9jsLxXYAEnLW-.jpg

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The 36 percent is a pure writeoff. No neural function.
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but many of these voters will not be alive in 10 years.
    Work on the swing voters and independents, viz. the Never-Clintons.
    I use the last name instead of her first because people who decide elections are sick to death of that family.
    It might also help if the Democratic contender tacitly acknowledged the Obama presidency was a failure (which it was), and as such was untethered to that administration.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A good rule of thumb is that if someone comes along to tell you that what you *really* need to do to win elections is something they want you to do anyway, they're probably full of it.

amraeder likes this.
  6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are having difficulty understanding. Best of luck.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ok that I'll buy.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In Year Nine of trying to repeal and replace Obamacare. You would think they would have come up with a workable plan by then. But weren't they supposed to have one now?

Baron Scicluna and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Sigh

YankeeFan and SpeedTchr like this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There is no ground to be gained by identifying these people for what they are - dogshit. It's time to get up off the ground, stop writhing around and act.
    The Democratic party leadership lags far behind the people right now as a movement. That does not bode well for the national entity getting its shit together.
    The Georgia district was educated, urbane and left-leaning, and they couldn't even win that seat with all the resources that were marshaled.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm so tired of winning.
    McConnell is 0-for-3 on this, the most sacred promise of his party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.