1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If I missed the blue font, I'm happy to admit my mistake. I'm sure Dick can stand up for himself, though.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

None of that was in blue font.

That Mr. Sunshine sounds like a real ass. I am sure DW really was mad at him. The extra fuck you makes me sure.

SnarkShark likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Government bureaucracy is at least in theory elected by and responsible to the electorate. Often it fails to do this but at least in theory that's the objective.

Corporate bureaucracy is responsible to nothing and nobody other than the profits of the stockholders.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Strange was the AL AG who was supposed to be investigating the Luv Guv. Instead he help grease the skids for him to resign with a legal rap on the knuckles and in exchange got Session's seat. Gov was not going to have an election until the next cycle. New Gov said, no, we're gonna vote. Lots of folks think that was pretty crooked.

He's also put his vote in McConnell's pocket in exchange for getting the full incumbent reelection treatment and GOP money. His ads are all over every channel. Pisses people off a bit. Add in that Roy Moore is gonna get a lot of votes, Mo Brooks is out Trumping Strange no matter how hard Strange tries to tie him to Obama and hating on Trump.

It's probably 60-40 against Strange at the moment.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Remember when Mitch pinky swore if the latest bill didn't work it would be time to work with Democrats?

[​IMG]

The rich man is not your friend, and a lot of voters better figure that out fast.

BitterYoungMatador2 and HanSenSE like this.
  7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Dickie really said --
    "My dad worked in a factory his whole life. Then he stocked shelves at Wal-Mart to put us through college when he got laid off. Want to bag on him, too? It wasn't "globe-critical" work, after all. One Christmas, he sold Christmas trees as a second, seasonal job, so we could have a holiday like all the other kids. Pretty funny to you, I imagine. What a fucking loser, huh?"

Dickie has mocked others here for making 20k, while boasting about his education that "you can only dream of."

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Many have. But you and I both know it's DOA. Dems have wanted to provide better healthcare as part of the party platform for 60 years.

To do it, they adopted a largely republican plan, thinking, you know, republicans might get on board. And it HAS helped millions.

But since the GOP's only goal was to make Obama a one-term president, the only thing it did for eight years is say no.

And when they got the ball, when the have the House, Senate and White House, the play sequence was fumble, fumble, punt.

The GOP is currently the Cleveland Browns without a lovable loser persona.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

As if on cue, you misread what I was saying, Dewey. What Dick said today was OBVIOUS sarcasm.

Also, as a grown up who doesn't chase validation around the Internet, I understand that people get upset in certain interactions but most are big enough not to let those turn them into unrepentant assholes.

Have you ever gotten into a heated argument with a sibling or a fellow book engineer? Can't go around hating everyone with whom you have a disagreement. That's no way to live.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Dickie really said --
    "My dad worked in a factory his whole life. Then he stocked shelves at Wal-Mart to put us through college when he got laid off. Want to bag on him, too? It wasn't "globe-critical" work, after all. One Christmas, he sold Christmas trees as a second, seasonal job, so we could have a holiday like all the other kids. Pretty funny to you, I imagine. What a fucking loser, huh?"

Dickie has mocked others here for making 20k, while boasting about his education that "you can only dream of."[/QUOTE]

Pre-or post-typefitter rant?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can't argue with the last two sentences.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.