1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

In my state that would remove the ability to drive legally. Throw in getting your car fixed or replaced if you are in a wreck, no matter who is at fault.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Don't be hasty there. I don't think we can rule out BTE's "Your Child's Surgery Only Costs Half A New Car" plan.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And if you have conjoined twins, just ask Santa for a bus pass. Easy peasy.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If only it could be '78 again.

hqdefault.jpg

DanielSimpsonDay and Hermes like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

My son and my wife have both been in very bad car wrecks. If we had not had insurance, *good* insurance, we'd have been over a million dollars in the hole for the rest of our lives, and that is not an exaggeration. Take a look at the statistics for auto accidents and tell me again how young people only need bare bones coverage. Young people only want to pay for bare bones coverage, because "it won't happen to me". That's bullshit.

My son's wreck was when he was seventeen, and it was his fault. My wife and I were hit by a twenty year old who was driving a couple of 17-18 year olds. He was a cable installer who only carried the state required no-fault insurance. If he'd been someone with a decent policy my wife never would have worked again, because she was/is badly broken. Tell me again how young people should not be afflicted with a decent health care policy. I know damn well that we're not the only such story out there.

Riptide likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I want that suit more than I'd want that car.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Wow.

Also from that poll, only 24 percent of Trump voters even want an investigation. And, even if there was an investigation and it found definitive collusion, 77 percent think he should stay in office.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You're sort of overlooking the fact that "a decent health care policy" for a young person isn't allowed to be sold.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's only 25 new cars @$40,000 each.

11. Neutral Corner

One other thing - in all this talk by the Republicans about fixing health care, I don't know that I've heard a single soul mention fixing the cost of American health care.

Jssst21 likes this.
  12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I guess I should be transparent and note that I'm all-in for single-payer. Won't happen in the United States in my lifetime, but I think it's the only way.

HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.