1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Blackout: The Other Russian Hacking Scandal

"Still, it’s a sobering development – one every bit as threatening to national security as the integrity of our election system. Chaos, it has long been said, is only an extended blackout away. It’s been a matter of public record for more than two months that nefarious Russian hackers have zeroed in on U.S. energy companies. The only thing more frightening than having a hostile nation proven capable of controlling your energy grid is the execution of that control.

It’s also a matter of public record that Russian hackers deliberately disabled the Ukrainian electric system in December 2015, leaving a quarter of a million Ukrainians without power for hours on end. The Russians have since tested a cyberweapon capable, experts say, of upending power grids on every continent, with nuclear facilities at the top of their target list."

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't recall anyone in that campaign questioning his service. Policy, sure. But not his service. Like Trump did.

If you have evidence of the Obama campaign disrespecting McMain's status as a military hero, I will apologize and correct myself.

4. Deskgrunt50

Trump would fail a high school civics test and a U.S. citizenship test.

He has no idea what he's doing or how any of this works.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

True. When I've been drinking, I'm not so good on mere implications.

QYFW likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Trump also back to people being "unfair" to him. In the Times interview, it's Sessions.

The media. The DOJ. The FBI. Democrats. Everyone treats Donald so unfairly.

The man has never been told no or been denied anything in his life. But he's never been treated "fair."

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A true story for what it's worth. Met McCain at several big Vegas fights in the late '80s. Good fight fan, very knowledgable. So I goto Tyson-Ruddock, and as the fight ends and and the swirl of humanity heads out, over in an eddy of the swirl of bodies. I see McCain, who's deep in conversation with Spike Lee. I tried to hack my way across to them, but you know what fight night is like, One of the big missed opportunities of my life.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Only if your party is hellbent on starting WWIII.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less what Trump tweets about McCain. He showed what he really thinks about him -- he's a sap for serving and a loser for getting captured.

But her e-mails.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

McCain was also one of the main supporters of the government cleaning up boxing; getting rid of the alphabet organizations, ending the system of state athletic commissions in favor of a federal system and having a standardized system of judges.

It's too bad he didn't get further with that.

Plus, he fought for a long time to get Jack Johnson a pardon.

Smallpotatoes and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He doesn't, but go out on the street and ask 25 people: Does the FBI report to DOJ or president?

Point being: There's a lot we don't know about how Washington really works. I know who the FBI reports, but there's shit I don't know

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump and Putin discussed adoptions during their private sidebar? He can't come up with a better cover story so he retreads Don Jr's?

HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.