1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Surprised winning the presidency didn't humble him and make him grateful.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And adoption = repeal of sanctions.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A trade where everybody wins. Since sanctions are hurting American and European companies, too, and the adoption ban hurts families who want to adopt and, of course, the kids.

Sanctions are, as one of my favorites put it last night, "attitude where there is no real policy." Something to do so you can puff out your chest and say you did something.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Magnitsky Act is costing Putin multiple millions. That's why it's such a huge priority for his agents here.

cranberry likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A proud proud papa

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good example of why McCain is an often very effective senator but isn't really cut out to be president. On issues that he's passionate about -- and boxing regulation is one of them -- he can get things done. Military issues and campaign finance are two of the big ones for him.

Other issues, like the economy and health care... he can't even pretend to give a shit. It's just not in him to even fake it effectively. That proved to be a bit of a liability when the economy melted down in the middle of his run for president.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

But you would think, considering it's been nine months since he was elected, that he might have, you know, learned the stuff he didn't since, you know, he is the President and all.

SnarkShark and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump is who he is. I get the sense that his "rise" in the real estate game was aided by people working out the deals ahead of time and he'd come in at the end and sign the papers, shake the hands and pose for pictures. I haven't seen much more of that from him as President.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's the issue here, other than your wanting to draw attention to a six-year-old?

cc: @Moderator1, @The Big Ragu

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And if he doesn't know by now that the adoption ban was put in place as retaliation because we punished some murdering oligarchs, then there is no hope for him.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Everything spelled right . I consider that a Trump win.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder how many rounds Trump will get in during his August residency at his club in New Jersey? O/U at 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.