1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's bullshitted his way through life. Why should this be any different?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I respect him for this.
    Sometimes I wonder if it cost him the election or hurt his chances of winning in some way, but I respect him for it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure he is.

But Mattis is running Defense. We couldn't have a better person in that job.

Ryan and McConnell were supposed to handle legislation. Trump's job was to sign it. Sadly, they can't get anything to his desk for a signature.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

With important legislation like this, a good president does more than sit there in his bedroom and hit his tweeter while watching Fox News.

A good president needs to become a consensus builder. Helping tweak the legislation.

This dipshit can't do any of that because he doesn't know one god damned thing about the legislation.

Who knew this shit was so complicated?

melock and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This chick is hot. Who is she?

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

McCain's twin presidential runs are two of the great tragedies of American public life.

He was treated so badly by the Bush campaign in the 2000 primary races, I still sometimes wonder whether it should have been considered a crime. (The "illegitimate black baby" stories—referencing his adopted daughter from Bangladesh—cost him South Carolina and were so far from inbounds, they still sicken me.)

Then in 2008, he stages an incredible grassroots comeback to win the nomination, only to have the party foist Sarah Palin on him in a lame attempt to beat a once-in-a-generation political talent. I don't think anything would have seen him beat Obama, but he might not have taken the thrashing he did, and his obituaries wouldn't include Palin's unholy fucking name.

The full scope of his life is incredible, and he has survived devastations that would have blown most of us to pieces.

Sea Bass, bigpern23 and lakefront like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We're fucked.

Riptide likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As the leader of the GOP, Trump should be rallying Congress and the public to help Ryan and McConnell get legislation passed - not sitting on the sidelines and then saying "They didn't get the job done!"

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure they do. Did anyone expect that from Trump?

We had a Republican majority on both houses of congress, who'd talked about repealing ObamaCare for seven years. Tweaking from Trump shouldn't have been necessary.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.