1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, now you're interested.

JC, poindexter and dixiehack like this.
  2. YankeeFan

I don't understand the thinking that McCain is somehow a victim for "listening to Karl Rove" (is there any evidence of this?) or for choosing Palin.

The dude was a "maverick" and was, what, 71-years-old? But Palin was foisted on him?

Palin was a Hail Mary. She was his pick. And, he didn't vet her. That's on him.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Mr. Trump was also critical of Mr. Mueller, a former F.B.I. director, reprising some of his past complaints that lawyers in his office contributed money to Mrs. Clinton’s campaign. He noted that he actually interviewed Mr. Mueller to replace Mr. Comey just before his appointment as special counsel.

“He was up here and he wanted the job,” Mr. Trump said. After he was named special counsel, “I said, ‘What the hell is this all about?’ Talk about conflicts. But he was interviewing for the job. There were many other conflicts that I haven’t said, but I will at some point.”
    This is a guy who knows he's fucked. Mueller wanted Comey's job after Comey was fired? And he interviewed for it? Seems like that'd be a pretty easy thing to dispel or verify

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Remember when Trump was schmoozing GOP senators at lunch yesterday? There was a notable absence.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

Granted, twitter has limitation, but if he said this, why not quote him, rather than providing your characterization of what he said?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Well, apparently it is necessary.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's awesome.

Six months in, and the president is like ebola.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oooh, the Germans are mad at me. I'm so scared! Oooh, the Germans! Uh oh, the Germans are going to get me!
    Stop it!
    Stop, sir.
    Don't let the Germans come after me. Oh no, the Germans are coming after me.
    Please stop the "pretending you are scared" game, please.
    Stop it! Stop it!
    No! They're so big and strong!
    Stop it.
    Stop it, President Trump.
    Please stop pretending you are scared of us, please, now.
    Oh, protect me from the Germans! The Germans--
    Trump, stop it!

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Dan Rather:

No elected President—none—has had such a tumultuous, scandal-threatened, and downright mind-boggling start, with such low public approval, as has this one. And this has happened while the President’s party controlled both Houses of Congress, now likely the Supreme Court, a majority of governorships and state legislatures—and the FBI.

It is not bias or political partisanship to conclude this. It is fact, historical and otherwise. It is those who deny this that are the ones blinded by partisanship.

With this fact—and in no small part because of it—comes a companion conclusion: that this is dangerous time. Very. No one should underestimate the potential peril. Not just for the Trump Presidency but also and more importantly for the country. Our people are troubled and divided. Friends and allies abroad are worried (as in, “what the hell has happened to America?) Enemies and competitors smell vulnerability.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

I don't think any of Trump's most ardent supporters thought he was going to be writing legislation.

He was always going to be an agenda setter, not the details guy.

But, he was going to nominate a conservative justice, enforce immigrarion laws, and sign healthcare legislation and tax cuts.

Only folks who didn't vote for him seem to think his supporters were fooled by him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.