1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

On good lord. Are you telling me a candidate made promises during a campaign he couldn't deliver on?

You make it sound like that was unfair.

Obama promised to close Gitmo in his first year. How'd that work out? Did he not realize it wouldn't be so easy, or was he lying to us?

During the campaign to pass healthcare legislation, he promised that if you liked your plan, you could keep your plan. If you liked your doctor, you could keep your doctor. Premiums were going to go down. How'd that work out?

The idea that Trump is somehow any different than past president might be the biggest bullshit of all.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

man, you dumb. This dumb ^^^. You dumb.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, come on, man.

Yeah, not closing Gitmo was a failed promise. He has to own that.

But jumping Jesus Christ, Republicans and Trump have been humping the "repeal Obamacare" chicken as a centerpiece of their election and re-election efforts for eight years running. Then he campaigned as the ultimate deal maker.

And he can't get his own party to get on board with this!

It's a fucking train wreck.

SnarkShark and HanSenSE like this.
  4. YankeeFan

Which would have allowed Trump to be figurehead/cheerleader.

Perfect role for him. Kasich should have taken the offer if he wanted to make a difference.

5. YankeeFan

I'm taking about the "easy" aspect of the promises.

Trump made healthcare reform sound easy. Same as Obama did with closing Gitmo.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's a great fucking cheerleader. I'm surprised he didn't do a skit with Cheri Oteri when he hosted SNL...

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh good. You got an Obama/Clinton reference in there.

If you liked your doctor, you could keep your doctor was the biggest misstep of Obama's 8 years, in my opinion. He got killed for it, as he should have.

He also promised to pass healthcare legislation. He did.

I don't have expectations about Trump vis-a-vis Obama, Clinton, Bush, Ford or anyone else.

I just think he totally sucks cock as president of the united states. He is horrible. I also think he is mentally unbalanced. I think he's terrible. And when I write that, I am not lining up a comparison to Obummer, Clinton, Bush or anybody else. I am looking at him as a stand-alone. It isn't that hard a concept to understand.

melock likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You spent eight years poking people for refusing to give an inch on Obama, refusing to admit he was anything but infallible.

Now you have the floor and you ... refuse to give an inch on your guy, refuse to admit he is anything but infallible.

You're blowing this.

SnarkShark and poindexter like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

I think he infallible?

Hardly. I just want him to appoint good people -- and he mostly did -- and enact the republican agenda, which he would if they could pass something through congress.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I saw different article quoting Burr as saying that he was avoiding going to the WH while the investigation was active in order to avoid the appearance of any pressure or influence. I'll see if I can find it again.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Amazingly, treating everyone else in the GOP field like dogshit for two years didn't engender any loyalty to the incoming president. Who knew?

Trump went so far out of bounds in his campaign, so disgustingly personal, that not even the offer of having hands on the levers of power was attractive enough to the people Trump set on fire on his way to the presidency to join him on this highway to infamy.

He is a lonely, delusional, unstable person. He'll try to throw everyone under the bus before it all catches up to him, but I'm a firm, irrational believer that you get what you deserve in this life.

It's the only way I can handle this presidency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.