1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Are you a typical liberal?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Anyone know Jess?

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Just stop with this shit.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I will when the said poster stops posting stupid shit. Which will be never bc he's a partisan hump.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

And you're a brainless twat who can't make a coherent argument.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. She's going to try to eventually confirm what she just reported.

8. CD Boogie

Who involved you, old man? This has fuck all to do with you. So go to Wendy's and order the No. 1 and STFU.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

One part of the now expanded probe into financial transactions that I am really interested in is Wilbur Ross, if they start looking into his investment in the Bank of Cyprus (which he has taken a bath on , for what it is worth). I'd actually guess that all of the "Russia" stuff they are going to find around him won't connect up neatly to Trump. Although, there will be a ton of stink there, because he jumped into a cesspool. That island and that bank were a giant toilet of Russian oligarchs and criminals laundering money; it went on for decades. Even when Ross took on the vice chairmanship (or whatever he was to that board) of the bank after he raised the money to bail it out, his fellow board members were a bunch of Russians connected to Putin. ... including a former KGB agent.

If they somehow start digging around, and they pull out business dealings related to Paul Manafort, or worse, Trump or his kids, the money trail could start to create smoke. I am guessing that won't be the case, because it can't possibly be that neat and clean. Regardless, I would love for Wilbur Ross to be exposed for the fraud he is. Unfortunately, people don't really care, and don't seem interested in understanding. But Wilbur Ross has made a career out of profiting from crony capitalism. He is the king of lobbying for special benefits (which he buys or trades favors for) and then deploying money in "turnaround" situations that he gets help on with bought-and-paid-for tariffs, bail outs and other government interventions that unfairly benefit him. This administration has trumpeted him as a business genius, but if you asked Wilbur Ross to steward a business in a competitive environment, I honestly don't think he could do it. He's failed at more things than most people could imagine, in which he tried to stack the deck first.

In any case, Cyprus has long been cesspool of Russian mafia money and international gangsters, and Wilbur Ross in his wisdom, decided to jump knee deep into it. He can't be happy about Mueller digging through his dealings.

10. YankeeFan

Would you like to tell me what politician did not make promises, for political gain, that he should have known he wouldn't be able to deliver on?

11. CD Boogie

your steadfast commitment to the Misogynist in Chief is quite telling.

12. YankeeFan

This is some standard for an investigation.

If we dig around, we might create some smoke. So, rather than an investigation being based on probable cause, we have a fishing expedition, that's becoming all encompassing, in search of smoke, and maybe eventually a crime.

Who else should we investigate on this basis?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.