1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan only expects Trump to get things done that actually get done. Everything else - what do you expect? He is just like Obama.

Its a clever message board strategy gambit.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Remind me, who was the special prosecutor in that case?

Or, did the FBI and DOJ handle it on their own?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh good Tebow. An investigation based on probable cause? Then no case ever could be investigated because no investigation could meet that standard. You start with a crime or possible crime. You investigate. That investigation leads to probable cause which leads to things like warrants. Warrants lead to more evidence.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It's a Republican Congress. He's a Republican president. They have a clean run at whatever they want, pretty much, and they can't do it. Minority governments in parliamentary democracies get more done. Without a tenth of the shady shit. It's incredible.

5. YankeeFan

Who should I have voted for?

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Sorry - I missed in this post ...

.... where you were complaining about only about investigations led by special prosecutors.

I mistakenly thought you were complaining about using investigations as fishing expeditions to try to create some smoke. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good effort, but not quite. "Rise in the oceans began to slow" is not the same as the oceans receding.

You were fooled by the youtube title.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

He didn't say that. You know that. Stop doing this.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I dunno. That bank is tiny. It doesn't take much of a mortgage (and we know what the loan is for) for it to equal a decent percentage of its loan portfolio. That is the kind of bank that couldn't service Bill Gates or Warren Buffett. It makes the Bailey Building & Loan look like Citibank. There may be something shady there, just because we're talking about Paul Manafort and the guy oozes shady. But the loan itself isn't proof of anything. That kind of portfolio, while reckless, probably isn't as uncommon at the community bank level as you are thinking.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Obviously you made the right choice. Because Benghazi! Emails!

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He didn't have to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.