1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If a sick person's temperature rising temperature begins to slow, that is not the same a his temperature going down.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah well now we know that Jan. 20, 2017 was the day we said "fuck all that shit, fuck the sick, fuck the poor, fuck the oceans, fuck the planet."

President Fucko and the Age of Fuck.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I really don't expect much.

Just don't fuck things up. I'm honestly not looking for, or expecting, much from government.

Defense is going well. The market is doing well. Unemployment is going down. Regulations are being cut, which I expect will lead to further job growth, and wage growth. We got a conservative on the court. Illegal immigration is down.

That's all good.

And, we're not creating any new entitlements. That's good.

With liberals, we get new entitlements, and you can never undue them. That's exactly what happened with ObamaCare. It's a disaster, but it benefitted some, and now we can't undue it.

4. poindexter

5. YankeeFan

Where's the crime here? Did a crime occur?

6. YankeeFan

That's fine. But, then say what he said.

You've really gotten terrible at playing with the facts.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh, they could do it ... they choose not to. The health insurance packages that have been considered were fashioned with the idea of passing them via reconciliation (because it was assumed that the Democrats wouldn't vote to change anything about the ACA). If they chose to do away with the filibuster entirely -- i.e., if they chose to do that which @Starman was adamant they'd do Day One -- it likely would have been a different story.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Or talking about his dick during another debate.

9. YankeeFan

OK. OK. I did remember the line wrong.

But, still, he thought that he could slow the rise, and heal the earth, and that future generations would remember him for this.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You mean other than that one in which he and a buttload of his supporters were celebrating his victory?

11. poindexter

You got your memories, I got mine :D

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What a horrible think to want for future generations.

We should probably just say fuck it and do nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.