1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

You're getting fired no matter what you say, but went with this anyway

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That's a sad statement then about return on effort. Him and Bush were both workaholics who didn't drink. Winston Churchill would not be bloody impressed

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Very good article here which takes some angles on the Sessions disclosure that I had not thought of. The more I turn this over in my head, the more I start to believe that this was not initiated by Trump. I think this was done to to preempt Trump.

Will the FBI recommend to the DOJ that the AG be indicted? Who is going to flip first and furthest in an attempt to stay out of prison? Flynn, Manafort, Page, Stone, Cohen all have to see the writing on the wall by now. I'm sure that negotiations have been ongoing, and I doubt that more than one gets the golden ticket. The pressure has to be very intense on those guys.

Analysis | Jeff Sessions just got in more trouble — and now he’s put Trump in a box, too

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Fuck Google News, we have NC. No need to go anywhere else when dude (?) is posting every story. Every story. Every. Damn. Story.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Fine with me. I appreciate the ease in finding it.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My Twitter feed is fucking insane lately. I see a story like that one... shrug. It's good work, well thought out. I don't mean to go berserk. It's basically just this thread that I'm doing it. I'm feeding my inner political junkie, and sharing is caring, right?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    jr/shotglass and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

One thing about this that strikes me: All the stupid bullshit investigations of both Clintons were clearly started by Republicans. With all the chaos swirling around this White House, Democrat leaders haven't said shit. The Trumpistas can't even blame a Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy. It all appears to be unraveling without being prodded by an obvious adversary other than the administration's own stupidity.

It's really a very strange time in which we're living.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

10. SpeedTchr

I don't actually read any of the shit.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sick of winning, huh?

12. SpeedTchr

No clue what you mean. Really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.