1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One of many reasons I find "Pearl Harbor" unwatchable. Bad acting AND the way this century's reality was imposed on the 1940s for women and people of color. Yeah, it sucks neither had full equality, and Tebow forbid anyone uses it as a historic resource, but that's just the way it was then.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'll probably regret this, but here goes ...

Do we have anyone here who voted for Trump in the GOP primary/caucus? (NOT the general election) If so, could you answer the following? I'm genuinely curious.

1. What made you choose him over the other Republicans?
    2. Do you think he has delivered on that issue or issues?
    3. If you had it to do over, would you vote for him or a different Republican? (Again, I am not asking about the general election.)
    4. If one runs against him, would you consider voting for a different Republican for the 2020 nomination?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Riptide and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If someone tries to indict a sitting president, it'll go to the Supreme Court to decide this issue. And I'd be stunned if *this* Court makeup didn't come down on the side of executive power.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe not even so much executive power as setting an incredibly high standard and burden of proof. Otherwise, every president from here on out had better walk on water or else they'll be indicted and overthrown.
    For all of the chatter around Trump's potential transgressions, it's still just a lot of smoke with no fire. His biggest crime to this point is that people think he's an asshole. Is that really the precedent we want to set for overthrowing a president?

6. RickStain

His biggest crime at this point is that he allowed high-ranking members of his campaign to trade future American foreign policy changes for help in the election from a foreign power, with that help including a massively illegal hacking campaign.

So, you know, maybe future Presidents can just *not* do that and they don't have to worry about being overthrown.

lakefront, BadgerBeer and Riptide like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why couldn't he promise the policy changes to get what he wants and then just reneg on the promises? That's how previous administrations have worked.

QYFW likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Because pee pee tape.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

On the one hand, attending the commissioning of an aircraft carrier is probably a good play for Trump today. On the other, it's named after the last guy who pardoned a President.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  10. RickStain

You forgot to start with "what about"

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are liberals still too traumatized by Trump winning the election to have sex?

[​IMG]

QYFW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.