1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Looks like the new kid on the block will fit in just fine:

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oops! Did I say that! Silly!

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's these fuckers' game plan. Nonstop gaslighting all the time. Never mind what I just said, I didn't say it!

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yet, Arizona politics are so red, some are thinking it's not a bad idea.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kinda, although I think they want to hold out until after Trump's been there two years so Pence could fill out the remainder of the term, then run for two more terms. If he filled in now, he'd only be able to run for one term.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

For statewide office it's not nearly that clearcut. People like Kelli Ward and Trent Franks do very well in rural parts of the state, where they can scream "The U.N. is coming for your guns! Sharia law!!" and win by a landslide. Factor in the rest of the state, though, and it's much closer. Ward got her ass handed to her by McCain in the primary, and the same thing will happen when she challenges Jeff Flake.

I suspect her comments probably hurt any chance she had of getting appointed should the seat become open.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I have a question about Arizona. The largest county in the country to vote Republican was and Maricopa (Phoenix). This is virtually unheard of in current politics. THe other two large (population over two million) that have historically voted Republican, Orange County, California and Harris County, Texas (Houston) both went for Clinton in 2016. In the last election Maricopa went form Romney +11 to Trump +4. What are the chances Maricopa flips blue? Tucson and Flagstaff are already Democratic so if Maricopa flips the state probably does also.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Can he just do something normal for like five minutes so it doesn't turn into a thing

DFYByyHXgAA7Sfk.jpg

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Only an idiot would construe that as an order.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Who said it was an order? At any rate, it's highly inappropriate. It's always about him. Never mind the honoree of the day, who, unlike your guy, actually served in the military rather than dodge service half a dozen times.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

A man who granted Nixon a pardon in an effort to heal the country's wounds.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.