1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When John McCain got that tumor cut out the other day, it was at the Mayo Clinic Phoenix. I wonder how much personal responsibility he took to carefully price shop his options. Did he sit down with an Excel spreadsheet and plug in every hospital in the metropolitan area, carefully weighing pros and cons of each choice and calling up the billing department to haggle? Did he consider driving to Tucson or Flagstaff if it could save his insurance plan $1000?

Or did he listen to his doctor say it had to be done and show up at the best hospital in Arizona without a second thought, and figure out the dollars and cents later?

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Let's scrap it all! Take pro sports away while you're at it. Hate that shit, boring as hell.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

How'd he know it was the best hospital in Arizona?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Exactly. The man wanted to live.

I'm willing to see Ragu's point in this area on almost anything - and I think he's right about college loans.

Health care, nope, I'm done with it. Have been for more than a decade, I'm guessing. Enough.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Got it. I didn't understand that you were the czar who tells everyone else what "desirable outcomes" are. My bad.

Heaven forbid someone want to live their life without you imposing your value judgments and decisions on them, and using force to make them behave the way YOU have deemed necessary.

I didn't copyright the word "totalitarianism," either. It doesn't mean that it has an ambiguous meaning.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Under single payer, who gets to go to the Mayo Clinic?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What do pro sports and the NCAA have in common? Why would you have to scrap both?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let me guess. You still wish baseball had the reserve clause and that the Olympics are permanently ruined because professionals take part.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Remember when you wouldn't let your neighbor buy a tiger because it could theoretically hurt you?

We all want to be czars of where the line is.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think everybody - whether for or against Obamacare or Trumpcare - should be demanding for Congress to have to use whatever it is they pass.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Now, back the transgender military ban for a second...

Can we admit that Trump masterfully hijacked health care now? He did. We have a transgendered SEAL asking for a showdown.

Trump is an asshole who occasionally calculates in ways that are horrible, but effective. Fucker snatched "fake news!" right from the progressives. He's a fetid pig in the mud, but damn if he doesn't have a good ground game once you're in the mud with him.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

99% of them bore the everloving shit out of me is what they have in common.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.