1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wait until the first patients get dragged out of the emergency room. Or Coulter doesn't care for the seating arrangements.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Nope, baseball was interesting when I was a kid. Not since then. Same with most pro sports.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmm ... let me think about this for a bit. I wonder how treatment slots there might be rationed in a single-payer world.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It won't be by who has the most money, as God intended.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No. If you are going to have that conversation have it honestly, and stop doing that thing where you conflate unrelated things to divert. Individual rights end where people exercising those rights infringes on others. My neighbor can't have a tiger if it puts me at risk. Otherwise, my neighbor is free to live his life (make choices, decisions) as he sees fit -- valuing the things he or she values and doing what he or she wants.

My health care decisions don't infringe on you. But if they did, sure, there should be limits on me.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A whole weekend of deleting tweets wasted, obviously.

7. doctorquant

Oh, wealth comes in many forms. In a single-payer world, I suspect Chelsea Clinton could give away every dime she and her husband have ... and if need be they'd still be right at the front of the line. But at least nobody'd be profiting ... shudder.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wonder when McCain last darkened the doors of the VA as a patient, if ever?

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

I thought the VA was government-run ... why would a veteran choose not to avail himself/herself of its services?

QYFW likes this.
  11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Your adherence to the free market puts a great many people at risk. But you only care about the risks that directly effect you.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure it won't.

You think there's some system where Senator John McCain won't be able to access the best hospital in his state?

Money and political clout will matter even more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.