1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

'We Will, In Fact, Be Greeted As Liberators'

Big Circus and Baron Scicluna like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm not skeptical a kid wrote the letter. I'm skeptical as to why anybody besides his mommy and daddy should give a fuck that he did.

The kid cited no issues of any interest to anybody. Essentially the letter says, "oh Trumpy, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind."

Big deal. Who gives a fuck?

And as far as the bull cow Huckabee being reduced to tears by this touching missive ... Jesus Fucking Christ. Grow up.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Charlie Gard's parents ended their fight to find alternative care for their son, and are now preparing for him to pass.

But, even here, they've been stymied. A court has ruled that they can't even decide on his end-of-life care. Rather than allowing him to come home, Charlie will be moved to hospice care.

Critically ill baby Charlie Gard will be transferred to a hospice and taken off life support unless his parents and a hospital agree on a plan that could potentially keep the child alive for a bit longer, a British judge ruled Wednesday.

High Court judge Nicholas Francis gave 11-month-old Charlie's parents and the hospital that has been treating him until noon Thursday to come to terms on an end-of-life care plan for the infant's final hours or days.

The baby suffers from a rare genetic disease, mitochondrial depletion syndrome, which has caused brain damage and left him unable to breathe unaided. Recent tests found Charlie has irreversible muscular damage.

"It is in Charlie's best interests to be moved to a hospice and for him at that point to be moved to a palliative care regime only," the judge said as a medical and legal battle that has drawn international attention nears a wrenching conclusion.

The parents, Connie Yates and Chris Gard, spent months trying to persuade Great Ormond Street Hospital to let Charlie go to the United States for experimental treatment. They gave up their fight on Monday, acknowledging that the window of opportunity to help him had closed.

On Tuesday, they said they hoped to bring their son, whose 1st birthday is next week, home to die. Francis said Charlie's mother and father now accept that the only options for their son "are the hospital or the hospice."

Judge: Baby Charlie Gard will end life in hospice, not home

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Toward. No s - I know you're not a journalist but please try, at least.

And I'm very glad you have my posting history committed to memory.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That would have been the appropriate response the first time around, but you chose to go with your latest version of "It's all the left's fault!" That list was so bad I didn't even finish it, which is rare. Unlike you, I normally read things closely before I respond.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask how long it took YF to go through your entire posting history. Rumor has it you've been here awhile.

7. Moderator1

A couple of years, a few posts.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Back atcha ... Dude. What in the hell has gotten into you? Whence comes this bluster?

Songbird likes this.
  9. Moderator1

I'm just a blustery mo-fo. Don't like being lectured to by a guy who thinks he runs the joint.
    You, I'm OK with you even if we don't agree. You don't act like you rule the world.

Now enough of this, everyone move on and thanks.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But I thought SuperTrump was going to fix everything!

Why doesn't SuperTrump just write a check and, you know, fix everything?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, like Trump making Bill and Hill the issue in 2020 will be such a winning one.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

This story -- the whole process, I mean -- made my blood boil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.