1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh cmon. I know you don't even believe this horseshit.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

RickStain likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Same thought as above: trying to extrapolate cases like Gard or the one in that article into broad rules like "parents have no rights, only children do" is a very blunt instrument that's going to inevitably hit on some cases where we are uncomfortable with where such a rule takes us.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Understand your points. I guess what I'm saying is I was never convinced by the doctors the experimental treatment would have caused prolonged suffering. I got the impression they just claimed it wouldn't work.

RickStain likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

IANAdoctor, but the description I read comes closer to "using Charlie as a medical guinea pig on his way out" than "treating Charlie." I understand why grieving parents in denial might seize on that as a last chance, but it doesn't sound like that's what it was.

And even still, I'm open to the argument that the court was wrong and they should have been allowed to make that decision for him as his parents.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That "guinea pig" notification is a gigantic red flag to me. Doctors really look down on "alternative" approaches. They have a lot to lose if a court would rule in the parents' favour. I am distrusting of them sometimes because of that.

FileNotFound and RickStain like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Especially since SuperTrump now has his fingers into the national cash box, and the entire US Treasury is his personal piggy bank, why doesn't SuperTrump write a check for a trillion dollars and pay somebody to save poor sweet little Charlie?

Oh yeah. Because SuperTrump could write a check for a trillion dollars or 100 trillion dollars and it wouldn't matter, nobody can save Charlie anyway.

And Fucko knows this. Fucko knows nobody can save Charlie, so Fucko can run his fucking mouth about it all he wants, and in the end he won't actually have to spend 10 cents of his own money, but his dumbshit dupes will think he really went all out to save poor sweet Charlie.

Fucking ghoul. Exploiting a dying child. Probably lucky Charlie isn't a girl, or Fucko would ask for an hour alone with her for the "laying on of hands." When you're a star, they let you do it!

And maybe then he could do a teevee interview and speculate on what kind of tits little Charlene would have when she grew up (oh whoops, never mind that, she never would grow up, but Fucko just likes talking about infant girls' prospective boobs anyway), as he did with the mysterious Tiffany.

And then he'd get back to his real sacred duty, to rip health care away from millions of American children.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're replying to your own posts now?

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But she was mean to Bernie!

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, we had our little time out in the middle which disrupted the flow of things. Go talk to whoever instigated that.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

On the bright side, we were spared 10 minutes of you talking about little girls and sucking dicks.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.