1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I find YF to be annoying at times, but man he is right about fucking libs eating themselves. I have no idea who Madalena McNeil is but that is one annoying tweet.

SnarkShark and YankeeFan like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Better a "pickle-truther" than a "rally pickle" ... #dumbassAggies

[​IMG]

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pity Paul Ryan: Moderates adopt Freedom Caucus tactics

A group of House moderate Republicans have developed a spine and are using Freedom Caucus style tactics to stop some of the excesses of the House Republicans. It will be interesting to see where this goes. If it makes Paul Ryan's life harder, fuck him. He knew what he was getting into when he said no to the Speaker's job and then allowed himself to be talked into it.

"This fall, House Republican leaders will look to these very members to help raise the debt ceiling since a majority of the GOP Conference likely won’t be on board.

“They rely on us to achieve outcomes that they can’t always advocate themselves, OK? And please, use that on the record,” said Dent, who’s often referred to as the ringleader of the GOP’s centrist flank.

Moderates say they'll be ready to support GOP leaders when they take steps toward bipartisan solutions. But until then, they can expect more resistance from the center.

“I know how to push the red button,” Dent warned."

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The height of richness was sometime around Halloween last fall.

IMG_2207.PNG

melock likes this.
  5. poindexter

:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not at all. I really do hope Democrats try to win the 2018 midterms, and win back the White House in 2020, by running against George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

That would be awesome.

7. YankeeFan

It's only going to get worst. Identity politics paid off for them for a time, but they eventually ran too many white, working class voters out of the party.

Now the tail is wagging the dog. Continue to cater to the most extreme elements in the party, or they'all stay home, or vote third party.

QYFW likes this.
  8. poindexter

I assume you are just being obtuse for the sake of it. If not, I will spell out the "oh that is rich" part.

You bring up Obama's and Clinton's name by the hour. Hell, by the quarter hour. Bush and Cheney's name come up incredibly infrequently. They come up yesterday, and you are like "those old names!?!!" - and no, I am not going back to look for the quote.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

What campaign promise to the LGBT community did he break?

Each of the last two Dem nominees for president were against gay marriage as recently as 2008.

Transgendered individuals could not serve openly until something like six months ago.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Come on, YF, liberals evolve and it's just a coincidence they do so after getting elected.

BTExpress and SpeedTchr like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

He was just goofing. It was silly and served no purpose.

12. YankeeFan

What was the last name of the Democratic nominee in the last election?

How long has it been since Obama has been out of office?

How long has it been since either has been written about breathlessly in the media?

They're still the face of the party. Until someone else comes along -- and they sure aren't paving the way -- they are the leaders of the party.

We're talking about undoing their policies.

No one gives two shits about Bush or Cheney anymore. (See Jeb! 2008 for reference.) Running against them will get Dems nowhere, which is why I'm all for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.