1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not at all. I'm simply pointing out that Trump's strategy won the election.

Baron's would give him a second term. Go Baron!

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

By your logic, if Thomas Dewey beat Truman he would have been justified in resegregating the military, since ole Harry didn't get around to letting blacks serve alongside whites until the summer of '48.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If a politician who has the wherewithal to do X waits until he/she bears absolutely no political risk to do X ... it's pretty fucking rich to talk about how courageous his/her doing X was.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The republicans hated everything that the Clintons and Obama did, beginning with their births. Believing that they were evil, horrible and unAmerican (literally in Obama's case). And the justification for everything that Trump does includes CLinton and Obama did it too.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey YF, as an olive branch and because you know I still love you, I pre-ordered this for you. Thank me later

Untitled Memoir

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

TINMHITTMAL

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm an alum (of the law school), so I'm a bit of a U of C apologist. But I wouldn't get overly outraged were I you. The entire m.o. of the place is that no idea is too offensive or outrageous to kick around and take seriously.

I'll concede it hasn't always been the best approach to bring back to a message board for sports journalists.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not outraged. Found it interesting in light of the Charlie Gard situation, which can be argued is a logical extension of this type of thinking.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No. Definitely not. One of their greatest.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What strategy? I only brought up Bush & Co. to illustrate how silly your outrage was, because Republicans had done it first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.