1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who's pretending this?

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The gay marriage thing and other rights for that community did seem to be a long time coming and then boom, society accepted it and they were entitled to the same---not more or special--rights as we all are. Many people were indeed against them--especially marriage--but my feeling always has been that it fell into place very quickly for all of us. You know? Hope I explained it and you can stop harping on the fact that people were against it in recent times because we all took a while on this one. (not me personally, but society in general) Remember the huge deal about Ellen, then others coming out was a huge deal not that long ago. The trans thing is a bit tougher, some people can't even understand how it works. So its not surprising that it took a while. Do you understand what I am saying about it? You may be a "marriage is man/woman" believer so that is always a bit of a road block in really really getting the whole "gay" thing.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Be Careful

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Republicans had their chance to reject Trump and have instead embraced him. He *is* the truest Republican now. It's no longer a party that stands for anything it claimed to stand for in the past. It's the party of a small number of rich people exploiting the angst that white Americans feel now that white Americans are not the most important, specialest people in the whole wide world. We've seen with individual insurance mandates and Merrick Garland that they have no actual ideas they support, just the generic idea of opposition.

That's why for all the shit-talk about "Make America Great Again," Trump is actively reducing America's importance in the world. Because that feeds the angst that feeds his narrow but intense popularity.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The Trump Administration holds up Joe Paterno as an example of the right way to do things.

Fabulous.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Are you triggered, libtard?

dixiehack likes this.
  7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Honestly, I can't believe what's going on.

When shit gets real somewhere in the world, and it will, how will they respond?

That's what worries me most.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

What has he done with the gay issue? I have not heard any thing about any gay issues. (other than his stunt with the flag)

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

These people really are your one dated uncle who is stuck in the 80s. Waiting for the coal mines and steel mills to reopen. Still speaking about Paterno as if he's still a God-like figure. Probably bitches that you can't smoke in restaurants and stadiums anymore.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh YankeeFan ...

Donny in his element and JC like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The bomb will go off and many people will be dead. Maybe it will be in Kuala Lumpur, maybe it will be in Kandahar, maybe it will be in Kazakhstan, maybe it will be in Kansas City.

And Fucko will come on teevee and tell us he knows who did it.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.