1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Confirmed bachelor Lindsey Graham is my favorite Republican.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, it *does* defund Planned Parenthood...

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

SnarkShark and BadgerBeer like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Everyone has an asshole, and all of them stink except for those two.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I scrolled to the top presuming I had missed an editor's note that labeled this as a piece of satire. There is no such disclaimer.

Only the best people.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Seven years.

7. Machine Head

How long before Donald hits his tweet macheen?

8. Machine Head

Only three showed, what about the other two?

Edit: Now there

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The House bill didn't have a chance. Then it did.

But that was all right because it'd be dead in the Senate.

Well, maybe not so dead, but MTP will never get through.

Okay, that got through but they'll still never be able to get anything done.

Next:

Well, okay they passed this awful thing, a bill the Senate didn't even really want and didn't know what was in it, and Trump's going to sign it, but House and Senate Republicans will have hell to pay come 2018/'20/'22.

Sure. Republicans will gain seats in House and Senate. Donald will win in 2020. And all for the lulz and sticking it to liberals.

10. Machine Head

It's weird, almost like Graham didn't trust the House leadership to take it to Conference..

Huh.

11. Machine Head

Seven years.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, sure it is. I'm 40 years old. I'm a greater risk for an insurance company, in some ways, than a 25-year-old. I'm less of a risk than a 55-year-old. A pre-existing condition is just another risk factor, particularly certain pre-existing conditions. (I remember when I was doing more with the health insurance industry at work there being lists of codes for different conditions for the companies to figure out how to assign a numerical risk condition to people within a pool. Certain conditions were unlikely or at least uncertain to cause someone to utilize insurance in a given calendar year.)

So when you have a true mandate that actually works, the companies are setting rates based upon the collective risk of the population. Yes, someone in the 350 million pool is going to have a heart attack. Someone is going to get cancer. You just set the rates accordingly. Sucks for the healthy 25-year-olds who have to subsidize it, but so be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.