1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Well, hell, if a one-term senator and a 70-year-old with ADD can do it, how hard can it be?"

HanSenSE, Big Circus, QYFW and 2 others like this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Explains so much...

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Guy's one of the richest people in Congress. There's very little more boring than being in the House minority. This is a more dignified way to go out than "this job sucks, I quit." He doesn't actually have to run. He can just mull running until he drops out of the news, like by Saturday.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Said everybody of Barack Obama in 2004 and Bill Clinton in 1988.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Article says he's worth $90 million, which is a shit ton of money, but not enough to self fund a presidential campaign.

He would go nowhere.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think the reason I liked this Mooch story so much is that I'm convinced Trump is invincible to everything but an inside job, and this might be the start of something amazing. It will be like the end of True Romance. I'm just trying to decide who's Michael Rapaport, ducking the bullets while he's running out the door.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Probably a higher net worth than Trump.

melock likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A National Review writer wants you to stop pretending you're a conservative then ...

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Guess you've forgiven Mooch for the tweets he directed at your guy over multiple years.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As referenced in the New Yorker piece, Scaramucci sold his business in order to join the administration. The. Reince "cock blocked" him for six months.

He's been itching to fuck Reince ever since. And, apparently Mooch had previously offered Reince a big job at his hedge fund, so Mooch clearly feels his friendship wasn't returned.

Scaramucci is clearly the most "in" guy with Trump right now. Reince helped get Trump elected, but I don't think there was ever a personal closeness between them.

Scaramucci had dinner with Trump last night. He's a guy from Long Island, who went came from public schools, to Harvard Law, to Goldman. Trump loves that shit. And Reince probably never drops "cock sucker" in casual conversation.

Scaramucci and Trump are going to be joined at the hip for the time being. I think he really is on board with fighting to defend Trump. If he ends up being the inside man, I'll be shocked.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's my point. He's not interesting in going anywhere. He's looking for a way to leave his unsatisfactory job without saying "I quit." After the 2018s, he will be courted by real candidates seeking the approval of his bankroll. He'll still be a player, just not a House member.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The fact that YF and others of his ilk love this guy now is astonishing.

YF, I have not seen a single liberal tear about this. Everyone thinks it's a riot.

It's like whoever King Donald last hinted some form of affection toward gets rallied around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.