1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trump may be so upset that he won't leave D.C. in time to play 18 at Bedminster today.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, eight whole pages, and two of those were just to defund Planned Parenthood. No word on if there cover sheet and the table of contents were included among those eight pages.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I kind of agree with the notion that McCain's earlier vote to open the process was an attempt to actually "open up the process" but after seeing McConnell continue to play hide and seek with the proposals he was a decided no - but not just a no. He wanted to be THE "no." and his allies were fine with it. I have no doubt Heller and Graham would have voted no if they needed to, maybe others as well. But I think they wanted to give McCain this moment. You can almost hear McCain say "Ted Kennedy sends his regards...I vote no."

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Did he then get in his car and kill someone?

5. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

In the past eight days, you've averaged 15 posts a day, most aimed at tweaking people. Seems highly nuanced.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'd like to think I'm tweaking an entire religion, not just people. And given that I'm stuck in the house from the time I wake up until the time I go to work, I'm surprised it's only 15.

Also, it's creepy to search people's profiles.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

@Dick Whitman wants to know what McConnell's SIERA was/is.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now now, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is noteworthy that after everyone and his uncle, not without cause, has kicked the crap out of Hillary Clinton for months for campaigning on "Trump bad" instead of "here's all the swell stuff I'll do," Trump and the Republicans in Congress did the same damn thing with Obamacare. Perhaps now both parties might perceive a few problems with the "base votes are all that matter" strategy.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How about a debate on child care? I pay almost twice as much for that as I do the mortgage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.