1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're a known leaker!

You've been banished from a message board, and kicked out of a Facebook group for it. You think we can trust you?

I'm committed to bringing this place down to me and Q-Bert if that's what it takes to get these leaks under control.

QYFW likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wasn't me.

And the FB banishment is simply because they ran out of tinfoil and needed a scapegoat.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, it's been fun watching Bill Mitchell completely lose his shit on Twitter this morning. What a smug prick.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm an officer in my union.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm in. But in order for everyone to have an equal say, you'll have to equalize their buying power. That'll take some redistribution.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cue up Trumpistas next talking point.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They also favor laws that don't force people to pay their "fair share." It must be because they believe in "labor exploitation." :rolleyes:

Newsspeak on a Friday morning.

Labor unions in practice in this country are government-enforced monopolies. Take away all legislative preference given to them and the artificial leverage that they don't command on their own without the force of government (via labor boards, bought and paid for politicians that enforce their monopoly, etc.) . ... and let people decide whether or not they want to negotiate their own contracts, hire third parties to bargain for them or collectively bargain with whoever THEY choose. And voila. No "free rider" issues. But when you create a club that you favor and want to enforce a monopoly over labor via that club. ... it's Orwellian to then turn around and claim that workers who don't want any part of it are "free riders."

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's just what a leaker would say.

I've seen the chart. They've diagrammed the leaks leading right back to you!

QYFW likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

FYI, North Korea may have launched another test missile of some sort. Japanese broadcasts in the last 15 minutes to a half hour or so were saying it may have landed in Japan's exclusive economic zone. And something just passed saying the Japanese PM is planning an emergency meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.