1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The 3/5ths compromise was one of many needed to actually get a constitution, so with additional context I could possibly agree with you. But let's not pretend it was for ... even indirectly ... the slaves.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ok. Let's strike"good". It was far better than counting them as a whole person, given the choices available.

Slavers wanted them to count as a whole person.

The talking point just doesn't hold up.

4. YankeeFan

I defer to your wisdom.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If I've learned anything from whitewater paddling, it's that there are some rapids you just portage around.

6. YankeeFan

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

#FakeBoard

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The fact that those were their choices should show you that venerating their decisions 250 years later is suboptimal.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Since the political structures of the southern colonies, and then states, had no intention whatsoever of taking any actions to protect or advance the interests, well-being or basic human rights of the slave population, why the hell should they have derived any political leverage from their existence? Maybe states should receive congressional apportionment based on 1/2 the number of dogs within its borders?
    The 3/5 compromise was bullshit and gave disproportionate representation to a bunch of sparsely populated regions under the control of repressive slave regimes.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

IMG_2212.PNG IMG_2213.PNG IMG_2214.PNG IMG_2215.PNG
    If you get your "news" from Fox, you may be unaware there was a vote overnight.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You should know. You do it often enough.

Also, it is possible to disagree with a man on many things, but praise one particular action he takes. Of course, I wasn't one of the people criticizing McCain before, so I don't fit the narrative you are trying so hard to push anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.