1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweet, I still have a vote. Suck it city dwellers!

Edit: Can I get one vote for every 100 acres?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Impossible. Everything was running fine and double-digit increases didn't exist before 2010.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

High-Profile Russian Death In Washington Was No Accident—it Was Murder, Officials Say

Vladimir Putin’s former
    media czar was murdered in Washington, DC on the eve of a planned meeting with the U.S. Justice Department, according to two FBI agents whose assertions cast new doubts on the US government’s official explanation of his death.

Mikhail Lesin’s battered body was discovered in his Dupont Circle hotel room on the morning of November 5, 2015 with blunt-force injuries to the head, neck, and torso. After an almost year-long "comprehensive investigation," a federal prosecutor announced last October that Lesin died alone in his room due to a series of drunken falls “after days of excessive consumption of alcohol.” His death was ruled an "accident," and prosecutors closed the case.

But the two FBI agents — as well as a third agent and a serving US intelligence officer — said Lesin was actually bludgeoned to death. None of these officials were directly involved in the government’s investigation, but they said they learned about it from colleagues who were.

“Lesin was beaten to death,” one of the FBI agents said. “I would implore you to say as much. There seems to be an effort here to cover up that fact for reasons I can't get into.” He continued: “What I can tell you is that there isn’t a single person inside the bureau who believes this guy got drunk, fell down, and died. Everyone thinks he was whacked and that Putin or the Kremlin were behind it.”

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I thought you were supposed to be a genius.

You weren't mandated to buy health insurance under penalty of law then. My premiums were fine under Reagan.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Republicans tried to pass a vote last night that the CBO and every single insurance company agreed would have made your premiums significantly worse. Like sextuple over 10 years worse (that means six times).

Thanks to Democrats and 3 defectors, it failed.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think he meant Cruz's fellow senators (of both parties) but your point still stands.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I was offered health insurance on a take it or leave it basis by my employer (and I don't think "leave it" was presented as any kind of option). I had to take it or go suck rocks. And pay part of the premiums. And they went up every year.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Stoney and QYFW like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, but sheesh ... what about those millions of bodies piling up in the landfills?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey, in 1983 I was making something like $5 bucks an hour. $45 bucks a month or whatever it was, was a nice little bite out of my ass.

When your weekly paycheck is $150 or something, 10 bucks for "health insurance" (which incidentally, I never used) grinds your ass.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Dead babies can't join unions.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why? It's 6.66 percent.

A "Classic Care" (reasonable deductible) family plan today at my employer would cost 31.6 percent of my gross pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.