1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Mooch not wearing gaudy pocket squares is a huge upset.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can't think of any other Presidential adviser that I am absolutely certain has cut rails of cocaine on his desk.

Hermes and Webster like this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Kissinger.

Webster likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Three retired Marines, who are all civilians now.

In your word, should military men, who serve our country, and reach the highest rank in the military, be ineligible for further, civilian, service?

Maybe you'd like to sign on to Barbara Lee's position:

6. YankeeFan

Trump likes "strong" people.

He wants someone that will stand up to Mooch and Jared.

Again, it's unlike jobs that Kelly had previously held, but I imagine he'll do well.

Could Petaeurus get confirmed?

He liked the job that Kelly did. I can't imagine he's going to want someone who isn't as tough as Kelly in that job.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't know what his poison of choice is, but coke is a Secretariat like favorite.

8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

This is a horrible situation and certainly not black-and-white, but as sad as those two situations sound it was the family that got to make the call. I don't know the ins and outs of the experimental procedure for Charlie Gard, though I'm sure it was the longest of long shots. I know the fear is that this procedure will most likely delay the inevitable while making the child suffer. But I think it's a dangerous precedent to intervene and prevent parents from exhausting every last legitimate medical option, no matter how unlikely, to save their child.

QYFW likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Larry Kudlow?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Read the story: Trump's fairy godmother, Roy Cohn, was running a blackmail scam (later completely disproven) against Jordan.

Young Donnie was in the basement licking his lips and playing slap and tickle with Liberace.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ham Jordan I'd absolutely believe. I would not have thought of Kissinger but it wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.