1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody in the White House thinks or acts rationally, so what they think is gonna happen on the collusion case don't mean jack shit. "What they say" happened in regard to collusion is especially irrelevant, since pretty much every fucking word they utter is a lie. If anything, it's probably more like reverse confirmation.

What Fucko may or may not owe to the Russians don't mean jack shit. He is POTUS. He has his fingers on the biggest nuclear arsenal in the world. He ain't paying anybody anything -- not a dime. All his debts were canceled on Nov. 8. What are they gonna do, have somebody come break his legs?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And now for the piss off China portion of the weekend:

3. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Oh, this reminds me of another nugget: Trump apparently thinks North Korea is going to be "his legacy," presumably by "solving" it in some way.

What way that could possibly be, I have no idea. Though judging by these tweets, the early leader seems to be "get China to do it."

4. Starman

Oh, it's not hard to guess what his final solution to the problem might be.

5. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

The folks that my (again, 2nd/3rd hand) info originates from are indeed rational actors in the WH. Of course, you can choose to believe whatever you like.

As for your second point, if you're arguing that there's nothing the Mueller investigation could uncover that could grievously hurt Trump, I think you're wrong. (Though it won't be for at least a year-plus IMO.) Also if you're arguing that regardless of any debts that Russia/Putin couldn't have any leverage over Trump, I think that again, you are wrong. He's not going to be President forever, and he does genuinely care about people named Trump. Bad things seem to happen to people who have displeased Putin and his cronies, and they have long memories. Sorry, BT, but it's true.

6. Starman

Certainly the last several months, Team Fucko has been acting as if they believe the Big Boy, or someone near and dear to his heart, will be in the saddle a long, long time.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Talk about zero job security.

9. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Indeed. Though I will say that it seems safest to be aligned with the one non-crazy Trump in the WH. However "safe" is only relative, as you note.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

All the people praising him now ultimately don't give a shit about him, have never voted for him and never would. I don't begrudge the guy doing what he did. He's facing his mortality. But there is little doubt he wasn't thinking about his legacy. I just don't think history will look on it as kindly -- if it looks on it at all.

11. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I'm no expert on these things, but if the skinny repeal was just an amendment (or amendments) and not the bill itself – or a legitimate bill of some kind – then why the concern by some GOP Senators that the House could just turn around and send it to the President for his signature without ever conferencing with the Senate? Wasn't the whole business about getting assurances from Ryan that he wouldn't do that because the skinny repeal was in fact an amended version of the same reconciliation bill sent from the House, and thus something that could be sent directly to the President since it would have then passed both chambers?

I'll hang up and listen.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

History looks on it kindly if they can't eventually force through some piece of legislation. If a month from now a terrible health care bill is passed, it becomes a footnote. But if they have to pivot and go to something else, then it only enhances his rep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.