1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mitt strapped Seamus to the roof of the speeding car until he pissed himself with fear.

Now, We Are All Seamus.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you could promise me Mitt Romney is President in 2020 right now, I'd take that deal

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Democrats love Republicans the minute they lose an election or drop out of a race and/or have zero chance of being elected.

McCain was the "voice of reason" in the party . . . until 2008 . . . then suddenly became the voice of reason again last week.

Kasich was "the adult in the room" during the GOP primary . . . once it was clear it was a two-horse race between Trump and Cruz.

Same with Romney.

QYFW, Batman and RickStain like this.
  4. RickStain

I can't judge until you find who exactly these people are who said those two things. Who would I judge without that?

5. RickStain

You're not wrong, but in this case we are also right.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Big deal. The test is whether, looking back, you would take him in 2012 to avoid Trump 2016.

7. RickStain

Yes, unequivocally

melock, YankeeFan and TowelWaver like this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

True, but you'd be comparing their credibility when they're not talking about Romney to when they are ... probably a false equivalency

RickStain likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm getting a headache from all this.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's more like the Angels manager finally calling Frank Drebin on his bullshit.

Even the guy running the scoreboard says he was out, and he's way up there in the mezzanine!

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The biggest problem anybody really had with McCain was he named an incompetent raving nitwit as VP, a heartbeat away, etc etc.

The general consensus was that McCain himself probably wouldn't be any worse than GWB, and might even be an improvement.

Now an even bigger raving nitwit is already in the big chair.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This can be spun in lots of ways. Eight years of Obama helped you avoid at least four of Hillary Clinton. Was it worth it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.