1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yeah. You fell in line between a whole new level of crazy and dangerous that we never thought anyone would stoop to, and now we're willing to contrast that against previous disagreements. You sure showed how dumb we are.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The royal you.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

When you try to mansplain, is that called dicksplaining?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump summed up neatly.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Nor did the guy that beat him.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gosh, that's pathetic, even for you. Argue Obama's response was wrong, or ineffective, or what have you. There's some merit in those. But he had one from from Day One.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and Webster like this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's hard to run for President as anything but as the next new thing. Romney and McCain lost, in part, because of the contradictions from their prior races but also because he were part of the establishment which didn't solve everyone's problems. Hillary lost, in part, because time had passed her by and no one knew what she believed in. The new faces -- Carter, W., Clinton, Obama and our current national disgrace get people excited because you don't know too many of their limitations.

I am a lifelong Democrat and would have been just fine with Mitt (and his religion was never an issue in the campaign -- his made up story was just newer than others, including mine) and to a lesser extent McCain (who was a tad reckless for my tastes).

Hermes likes this.
  12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Had Mitt Romney been elected in 2012, the GOP would have pushed to fill the Scalia vacancy on the Supreme Court in 2016 in less time than it took me to type this sentence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.