1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

lakefront and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, that's the question, isn't it? When are these guys (and a couple gals) going to rebel and turn on him? They KNOW he'll knife them every time people say he failed. But now that he's been successfully defied, will some of the "Trump lovers are my base too" cowards say, "Well, what's he ever done for me?"

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And it was even -- gulp -- bipartisan.

Essentially Obama endorsed GWB's bailout of Wall Street, despite the screams of his left wing.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What a gaffe: Pelosi called Trump "President Bush."

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Forget it, she's rolling.

Iron_chet, HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Without Priebus, Trump Is a Man Without a Party

"In his place is John Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general and respected disciplinarian whose mandate is to succeed where Priebus failed: imposing order and organization on a chaotic White House. Kelly, however, is not a political figure; he did not support (or oppose) Trump’s campaign, and is not known to hold strong political or ideological inclinations. Looking around Trump’s inner circle, there is communications director Anthony Scaramucci, a political novice who in the past donated to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton; chief strategist Steve Bannon, who used Breitbart to try and burn the Republican Party to the ground; National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, a lifelong Democrat; director of strategic communication Hope Hicks, who has zero history with GOP politics; and Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, a pair of self-professed Manhattan progressives. Of Trump’s closest advisers, only Mike Pence has any association with the Republican Party."

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He wouldn't have been murdered if Romney won.

YankeeFan, RickStain and heyabbott like this.
  8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

True. I was hoping nobody would point that out.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

HC likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Indeed ... it was the same one he'd have pushed to implement had the economy been going gangbusters. Presidents, left or right, tend to be one-pitch wonders, and he was absolutely no exception.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

This is not meant to deflect from the absurdity of Reid's tweet, but I'm amazed at how much I loathe the average commenter of a political tweet, regardless of ideology. In this case it's people I theoretically align with but there's nothing quite like a 140-character restriction to reward bombastic tools with a loose grasp of oversimplified talking points.

QYFW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.