1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Also, no puppet.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Wow! Who was that? I hope it ended his career and furthered the reporters career. (yes I probably should know but I am not as smart as all of you)

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

From YouTube:
    "1984 when Carl Monday asked George Forbes why he hadn't paid his water bill in almost a year. Forbes was President of Cleveland City Council at the time."

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The information quoted in this post about individual retirement accounts is incorrect. It states that people must sell stocks after age 70 and a half. That is wrong. People must make distributions out of their IRA and 401k. That is not the same as having to sell stocks.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

UPChip likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Thanks

Wow still an ass into his 70s...from The Blade...2007

Mr. Forbes, the 76-year-old president of the Cleveland NAACP and a former president of Cleveland City Council - appointed in 1995 to the bureau's Oversight Commission by then-Republican Gov. George Voinovich - pleaded no contest in Franklin County Municipal Court to two misdemeanor charges and pleaded guilty to four misdemeanor charges.

He was fined $6,000, ordered to pay $6,000 in restitution, and was sentenced to a month in jail, which Judge Paul Herbert suspended as long as Mr. Forbes does 60 hours of community service.

His conviction stems from him taking meals, entertainment, private flights, and gifts from people seeking millions of dollars in business from the state agency, and for failing to disclose on his annual ethics statements who gave him those gratuities.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Kelly had this experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.