1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

God bless this administration.

They give me a legit lead story three mornings
    a week. I'll miss them in three years.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Don't forget, Trump's White House runs like a "finely tuned machine." He said so himself!

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've had half tanks of gas last longer than Scaramucci.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Sadly, there's virtually zero chance Arpaio does any time. But yes, it's good to see this particular mythical figure die in flames.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

During the Senate Judiciary Committee, Browder was asked by Senator Lindsey Graham’s on the apparent contradiction of Russia allegedly having ties to the unverified dossier on Trump while also rooting for him to win the presidency.

Browder replied: “What you need to understand about the Russians is there is no ideology at all.

“Vladimir Putin is in the business of trying to create chaos everywhere.”

Senator Richard Blumenthal asked: “They’ve got you both ways: with the carrot of continued bribery, and the stick of exposure and blackmail if you defect?”

Browder replied: “That is how every single one of their relationships work. That’s how they grab people and keep them.

“And once you get stuck in with them, you can never leave.”

The full transcript of Browder’s prepared remarks is as follows...

Bill Browder's Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing Could Explain Anthony Scaramucci's Bizarre Behaviour | HuffPost UK

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Terribly written first paragraph, which doesn't say that Kelly was director of DHS at the time.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I know. Just nice to see justice done every once in a while.
    Got to believe this squelches any chance the great conservative hero and real American will serve any longer in public life.

Neutral Corner and PCLoadLetter like this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jake Tapper referred to this administration taking on a "Red Wedding" appearance.

I can't help but think of Travolta and bum, ba-bum, ba-bum, ba-ba-ba-ba-Bum
    "Summer Lovin' happened so fast....
    Summer loving - it never could laaaaast
    I met a Prez - fat as can be.
    I met douche - who spoke just like men-hee-hee.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That all changed in July 2003, when Putin arrested Russia’s biggest oligarch and richest man, Mikhail Khodorkovsky. Putin grabbed Khodorkovsky off his private jet, took him back to Moscow, put him on trial, and allowed television cameras to film Khodorkovsky sitting in a cage right in the middle of the courtroom. That image was extremely powerful, because none of the other oligarchs wanted to be in the same position. After Khodorkovsky’s conviction, the other oligarchs went to Putin and asked him what they needed to do to avoid sitting in the same cage as Khodorkovsky. From what followed, it appeared that Putin’s answer was, “Fifty percent.” He wasn’t saying 50 percent for the Russian government or the presidential administration of Russia, but 50 percent for Vladimir Putin personally. From that moment on, Putin became the biggest oligarch in Russia and the richest man in the world, and my anti-corruption activities would no longer be tolerated.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I don't know if either you or this EH dude are trying to rip on the original tweet. But it's a riff on an old anti-Soviet Soviet joke:
    'What is the difference between communism and capitalism?' 'Capitalism is the exploitation of man by man; communism is the exact opposite.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.