1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like all the Dems who sat at home, they never thought there was really any chance the pig could win. They thought they could sit it out and everything would be ok.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Poli sci research, which I admit has taken a beating in the Trump era, indicates that if party elites (read: elected officials) turn on Trump, so will a significant number of voters.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko is already at near historic disapproval levels.

4. Michael_ Gee

He of course had no chance with Democrats. He's lost the independents (which he won!). The importance of his base is on the Republicans in Congress, not his overall approval.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just like they taught him at the madrassa.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Based on the positions he advocates and the votes he registers, what makes Jeff Flake not a Republican?

Unless the definition of Republican is now "willing to feign blindness to whatever Trump does."

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He's a crazy underpants wearing cult member. Why should we care what he thinks?

Oh! He's criticizing Republicans?

What an honorable, thoughtful guy he is. We should take what he's saying very seriously.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What would we be basing impeachment on?

10. Michael_ Gee

Jeff Flake seems like a decent chap who's also a conservative Republican. I have met many such Americans in my travels. It's important for Democrats to encourage this increasingly rare breed to reproduce. It's environmentally sound, as it were. What I wouldn't give for the biggest issue facing the country to be tax policy.

11. Michael_ Gee

The Washington Post story tonight that Trump personally dictated Don Jr''s first false statement on the Russia meeting against the advice of both of their groups of attorneys would seem like a good place to start.

RickStain likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that at one point Mitt was part of that crazy Mormon cult or something until he was slowly normalized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.