1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yup. Just heard the story on NPR.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

HURRRRRR lookit the liberal heads explode!

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Has Trump ever tweeted about the Russians booting the embassy personnel out of the country?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Some of his resistance vids are decent. This one is fucking godawful.

5. Neutral Corner

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Link?

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hope this isn't a d_b:

RickStain likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Prior to Kushner's talk, Katie Patru, the deputy staff director for Member Services, Outreach & Communications, told the assembled interns, "To record today’s session would be such a breach of trust, from my opinion. This town is full of leakers and everyone knows who they are, and no one trusts them. In this business your reputation is everything, I’ve been on the hill for 15 years. I’ve sat in countless meetings with members of congress where important decisions were being made. During all those years in all those meetings, I never once leaked to a reporter. …. If someone in your office has asked you to break our protocol and give you a recording so they can leak it, as a manager, that bothers me at my core."

WIRED has obtained a recording of Kushner's talk, which lasted for just under an hour in total.

Kushner On Middle East Peace: "What Do We Offer That's Unique? I Don't Know."

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Opinion | President Trump is now directly implicated in trying to cover up the Russia scandal

"This latest story is clearly one of the most significant developments in this scandal to date, for two reasons. First, it describes an organized effort to mislead the public — not to spin, or minimize the story, or distract from it, or throw out wild accusations about someone else, but to intentionally fool everyone into believing something false. Second, it implicates the president himself. Indeed, the most extraordinary part of the picture this story paints is that while other people involved were recommending some measure of transparency on the assumption that the truth would come out eventually, they were overruled by the president, who personally dictated the misleading statement.

And it gets worse. Once the story broke, Trump’s own lawyer went to the media and denied that the president was involved in the drafting of the misleading statement. In two televised interviews, Jay Sekulow said “the president was not involved in the drafting of the statement,” “The president didn’t sign off on anything,” and “The president wasn’t involved in that.” While it’s theoretically possible that Sekulow would make emphatic statements of fact like those about what his client did or didn’t do without actually asking Trump, that seems almost impossible to believe. Sekulow is a prominent attorney who knows exactly what kind of trouble that could bring, both to himself and his client. So the only reasonable conclusion is that he was repeating what Trump told him.

So, to put this together: The president of the United States personally wrote a statement about this meeting with the Russians, a statement that everyone involved knew to be false. Going further, he then either lied to his own lawyer about his involvement so that the lawyer would repeat that lie publicly (highly likely) or was candid with his lawyer and persuaded him to lie to the media on his behalf (much less likely)."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.