1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko signed the Russian sanctions bill, but he was careful to piss and moan about it, so his master Putin knows he really really tried to be a good little lapdog.

Trump Reluctantly Signs Russia Sanctions Bill

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What the hell is a "steak fry?" I've heard of a fish fry and mountain oyster fry, but never a steak fry. If I'm having steak, it's coming off my Weber.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Pierce is to political discourse what Trump is to the presidency. Their followers have a lot in common, too.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Founding fathers' ancestors should have sailed to Australia instead of North America. We're always on an island anyway.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Iowa's Harkin Steak Fry was a big Dem fundraiser and springboard for presidential hopefuls for decades.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I will just say, in the past, pre-presidency, Trump went after Mark Singer and Jeff MacGregor. Not that outrageous to think Charlie Pierce could annoy him. And I'd say, well, that was then and now he has bigger things to worry about than petty fights with writers, but... he's the same guy. Except now he uses Twitter instead of the Letters to the Editor.

Steak fry: Is it a Midwestern thing? Been to a lot in Minnesota.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Is this news?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Tom Cotton ever becomes president, I'm probably running a garden hose from the tailpipe and calling it a day. May as well exhume Ross Barnett.

melock likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your opinion of the Clinton's isn't news, yet you still keep posting it.

melock likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cotton is 40. He's got 30 years to work behind the scenes in DC to get to the Oval. It's been his goal since college and he's been playing the long game for years now.

And Arkansans will keep sending him to the Senate for as long as he wants (even though he's practically a carpetbagger) until it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.