1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the disregarding was taking place regardless.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SI is fake news. Just ask any fan of <team you hate> when the preseason predictions are posted.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

There is no mention of any names actually being unmasked, seemingly every accusation was preceded by some form of "may have", "many believe " ,"many have speculated" etc. This just seems like much of the other bullshit that has come from the right. Do you remember Seth Rich, Pizzagate, Kenyan Obama? Sure you do.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko is strongly in favor of the pubic option.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You believe the requests were not made?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I like this turn in a slightly different direction in your newer work ...

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And here ya go:

The story behind our Trump golf story (and one explosive quote)

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't know. I know the headline said "hundreds of names were unmasked " yet nothing in the article supported this. I know every accusation was preceded by might have or many have speculated etc. Why would I draw any conclusions from that article?

10. Starman

People are talking.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember when Gillibrand was a centrist, who was opposed by single issue, left wing, Democrats.

[​IMG]

Gillibrand's centrist voting record sets her at odds with most of her Democratic colleagues in New York. She boasts a perfect favorable rating from the National Rifle Association, in a state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country. She has supported tighter measures against illegal immigrants in a state generally known for sanctuary. And she was the only New York Democrat to vote against the $700 billion federal financial bailout plan, which was considered a fiscal lifeline for New York City.

Her selection immediately drew criticism from gun-control advocates and immigrant-rights groups.

"I think she's just a really bad choice," said Jackie Hilly, executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence. "She has wrapped herself in the NRA flag. She's been really walking with the NRA and walking out of step with the rest of New York."

New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, who had encouraged Paterson to appoint Kennedy and who has made stricter gun legislation one of his signature issues, was also critical of the Gillibrand selection. "She has actively opposed the efforts of New York City, and cities around the state and nation, to enact common-sense measures that keep illegal guns out of the hands of criminals," he said in a statement. "For instance, she has voted to keep critical data needed to track illegal gun traffickers from law enforcement, has voted to tie the hands of the ATF, and has also voted to protect dealers who sell guns illegally."

Rep. Gillibrand Chosen For Clinton Senate Seat

12. Starman

The single issue now is to get rid of Fucko.

Any hard core abortion-righters can look at it this way: Get rid of Fucko or Roe v. Wade is gone in a couple years.

Huff and puff all you want about wafflers who may not go to the mat for unrestricted abortion and unlimited funding, but if you don't get rid of Fucko it's back to the back alleys.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.