1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Justice has already previously been a Republican. Also an independent. Maybe he just changes affiliation the way he rotates his tires.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As much as they are #FakeNews, I always check the NYT and Washington Post websites when purportedly blockbuster scoops break. Neither seems to have much, if anything, about the big grand jury news. Gives me doubts about how big this news actually is.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I can't believe they haven't been able to convince Mancin or Heitkamp to switch parties.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Wall Street Journal and Reuters going with it. Guessing NYT and WaPo are chasing this one a little bit, which is rare these days.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

8. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I hate to quote myself quoting (or paraphrasing) other people, but I might have buried the lede. To wit: The word from these folks is that the Russia dossier – at least the stuff with prostitutes – is broadly true. Also they considered it a rookie move, since it's long been known that powerful/famous visitors to Russia should assume that they're being recorded in hotels, and basically anywhere.

I didn't get the sense that these folks were really that worried about the sex stuff in the grand scheme of things because it's not illegal, and certainly Trump doesn't embarrass easily, but he's pretty strongly and continuously denied it. Which is another way you know it's true. (Kidding! But not really.)

Oh, and has there been any news on whether Mueller has turned up the heat on Trump's financial dealings? Asking for a friend. Named America.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Heitkamp and Mancin might be to socially liberal to survive a Republican primary. Heitkamp is pro-choice and Mancin, while pro-choice, has not been as socially conservative as many voters in a Republican primary would prefer.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let's see it, then. Russia basically has zero hope of ever gaining anything from the Trump administration (and is basically working from a net negative, since the nation's dealings with Trump have galvanized the increasing majority of people who do not support him to be even more Russophobic). So start the pee party.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

See, and here you thought the two countries didn't have much in common.

BTExpress likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

How long before he declares the Secret Service part of the "deep state" and brings back his own paramilitary storm troopers for personal security?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.