1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

2. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Well, I don't have it, if that's what you're asking. Can't you ask one of your comrades?

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not sure how to ask it. Haven't encountered "pee-pee tape" on any level of Rosetta Stone yet. :)

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

In that there are too many stories being told at once on different timelines without exposition or character development? Went to see Dunkirk last night and was mildly disappointed. Visuals and cinematography were spectacular, but the script was a mess. I couldn't keep track of which BEF soldier was being shot at, then abandoning ship on which boat. I didn't figure out that the "mole" they were referring to was the pier until I started reading reviews this afternoon, so I kept trying to figure out where there was an espionage bit.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Dead Local Milk People.

[​IMG]
    The Senate's 'no takebacks' bill sounds fun but probably isn't constitutional, as Myers v. US holds that the President alone has the power to hire and fire executive branch appointees, or something like that. There are several tweets on this topic.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That said, I am eagerly awaiting the first Internet commenter or Tweeter that bitches that "Dunkirk" didn't have any American characters.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

One year into the FBI's Russia investigation, Mueller is on the Trump money trail - CNNPolitics.com

Way at the very bottom this article, which was linked a couple of pages back, was some interesting information. The section titled "Four Targets" mentions that the FBI had been looking at Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and Carter Page for some time, which is fairly common knowledge.

But if I'm reading this correctly, Carter Page has been under a FISA warrant for a while already, and I don't think that has popped up in any MSM story before now. That might turn out to be very interesting indeed.

"Page had been the subject of a secret intelligence surveillance warrant since 2014, earlier than had been previously reported, US officials briefed on the probe told CNN.
    When information emerged last summer suggesting that the Russians were attempting to cultivate Page as a way to gain an entrée into the Trump campaign, the FBI renewed its interest in him. Initially, FBI counterintelligence investigators saw the campaign as possible victims being targeted by Russian intelligence.
    Page denies working with any Russians as part of the Kremlin's election meddling, though he admits interacting with some Russians during the campaign."

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Throw in this bit about Manafort:

"CNN has learned that investigators became more suspicious when they turned up intercepted communications that US intelligence agencies collected among suspected Russian operatives discussing their efforts to work with Manafort, who served as campaign chairman for three months, to coordinate information that could damage Hillary Clinton's election prospects, the US officials say. The suspected operatives relayed what they claimed were conversations with Manafort, encouraging help from the Russians.

Manafort faces potential real troubles in the probe, according to current and former officials. Decades of doing business with foreign regimes with reputations for corruption, from the Philippines to Ukraine, had led to messy finances."

We're about to find out how much pull Kelly has, because I bet Trump's Twitter finger is twitching.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'll save YF the trouble: All this stuff makes Obama's inaction look pretty bad.

FileNotFound and YankeeFan like this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Is anyone surprised that Chelsea Clinton has gone underground? :cool:

poindexter likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She's Being Careful.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I won't argue that, but I won't forget that he tried to get Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan on board for a bipartisan response to counter Russia and they refused because their party loyalty meant more than their sworn oaths to serve the country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.